In this article- ways to avoid car accidents will be discussed in full details; Whenever accidents occur, they leave people in a dilemma; with loss, injury and more cost for car repairs. Most times, car accidents occur due to reckless driving and safe driving is a very good way to avoid accidents.
Also see:COMMON AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENTS
HOW TO AVOID COMMON ACCIDENTS
- Parked Car Damage
This will help you prevent getting hit by a car, here are the tips to help you avoid parked car collision:
- Do not park in the busiest part of a parking space- select a space away from heavy traffic.
- Always enlarge the space, ensure you park in the centre of a particular space. This will also help to prevent dings from swinging doors.
- Endeavour to park in a garage in order to keep your car safe when you’re not driving.
- Even if there is an emergency, try not to park near busy intersections, tight turns or driveways.
- Rear-end collisions
Consider the below tips:
- It is advisable to always keep your distance away from other cars while driving- stay three seconds away from the Vehicle behind you and the vehicle ahead of you, maximise the timing when the weather condition is bad.
- Try as much as possible to prevent situations that would force you to suddenly use your brakes.You might be a victim of rear-end collision, if a driver is following you too closely or isn’t paying attention.
- Avoid distractions- Always keep your eyes on the road, avoid eating while driving or using your phone.
- Avoid driving while dealing with fatigue; fatigue is a crucial factor that contributes to severe road accidents according to studies.
- Crashes at Intersection
This can be caused due to distractions, consider the following tips:
- Always pay attention to traffic signals notification.
- Apply defensive driving to help avoid accidents.
- Ensure that no one is coming through the intersection after the light turns green
- Be cautious always whenever you approach a yellow light
- Windshield Damage
Ensure you prevent this damage by keeping your distance from cars and trucks and avoid driving through granular substances
- Parked Vehicle Theft
Parked Vehicle Theft Regardless of where you park your car, there is always a chance of a break-in. Consider the following tips;
- Do not leave valuables in your parked car
- Always lock expensive things in the trunk or your glove compartment if necessary.
- Do not park your car in a dark location
- Single-vehicle Accidents
The tips to prevent single-vehicle accidents are listed below:
- Make sure you drive according to the weather. Even when your car is the only vehicle on the road on a rainy day, drive at speeds that will allow you to maintain control.
- Be focused when you are driving.
- Never go over the speed limit.
- Backing collisions
- Ensure you park in a way where you won’t have to back up into traffic, such as pulling through or backing into a parking spot.
- Having a car that is well equipped with a backup camera will help a lot.
- Before getting into your vehicle, observe your surrounding and traffic patterns
- Back out using a very short and most direct route possible.
- Reverse in a straight line, turning only when clear of parked vehicles or any other obstructions.
- Back out steadily while continuing to check traffic around you.
- Utilize your mirrors and brakes until you’re completely out of the spot
- Avoid distractions while backing out.